Sunday, September 5, 2010

Today is the day!

I haven't slept as much as I should have lately. It's not because I'm busy or hyped up with caffeine, I just don't get tired until around midnight. I've always been this way. Rebecca, on the other hand, is the complete opposite: I am a night owl and she is a morning person. This difference in sleeping schedules usually has no effect on the amount of sleep we get. Well, that was until Rebecca couldn't sleep at night.

Rebecca would wake up multiple times at night and, I don't know if it was because of parental instinct, I'd wake up alert and ready to take care of whatever needed my attention. Unfortunately, this meant not only was Rebecca loosing sleep, I was too. I realize this is something I will need to get used to but the fact still stands: we are tired.

So, this morning, around 4:30am, I heard a loud scream and cry for help. I jumped out of bed and found my way through the dark to the living room where i found Rebecca watching T.V. I asked her if she was ok and she said, "Oh man! I was hoping that didn't wake you up! I'm sorry! Can you get me another bowl of cereal?" After catching my breath, I walked into the living room, got her another bowl of cereal, asked if she needed anything else and then went back to bed.

An hour later, I hear my name being called from outside the bedroom. Turns out, Rebecca's water had broken!  Time seemed to stand still for a couple of seconds until the news registered in my brain:"I'm going to be a dad!" What a wonderful yet weird feeling!

Rebecca and I then began getting ready to head towards the hospital. The dogs were fed and let out, the bags that we prepared for the stay at the hospital were tossed in the car, and a video game and two movies were collected to be taken back to Blockbuster. Yep, you heard that right. The route that we decided to take included a couple of stops: Blockbuster and Starbucks. What? Late fees aren't cool and Rebecca wanted coffee! Don't judge.

At the time of this post, we have been in our labor and delivery room for around 4+ hours. Some family members have already come and visited, which helps the time go by. Rebecca and Reagan are doing great. I will be posting on Twitter and Facebook throughout the process so everyone who wants to be can stay in touch. I will also post some visitation information later. Say a quick prayer!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!

Rebecca and I feel extremely blessed to be honored by God with a child. We cannot wait to experience all of the many things God has planned! We look forward to keeping everyone up-to-date on the status of the baby!